We want to reassure you that we are open and continue to do everything we can to protect our patients and staff as COVID-19 impacts our community. The safety and well-being of our patients, employees and community remains our highest priority and we are following all recommended guidelines from public health authorities. We have implemented strict protocols and are taking the following precautions to keep you safe in accordance to the latest CDC guidelines and recommendations from the San Mateo Department of Public Health. To date, we have not had a single case of COVID-19 in our practice which is a testament to our strict safety protocols.
We are assessing patients for COVID-19 risks prior to coming to our office. If you are experiencing any symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea please reschedule your appointment. When scheduling an appointment, our staff will also ask if you have recently travelled outside of the bay area. If you have travelled outside of the area, we ask that you self-quarantine for 14 days before coming into our office. Additionally, we will confirm that you have not had close contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or tested positive for the virus in the last 14 days.
Should you arrive at our office and meet these criteria, you will be asked to return to your vehicle and to call our office for a telephone assessment so that we do not expose other patients and staff.
We are doing daily physician and staff temperature checks and are taking patient temperatures upon arrival at our office.
All patients and staff are required to wear masks at our office.
We have reduced the number of scheduled patients and require social distancing in our waiting area.
As a medical facility, we’ve always maintained a high standard for cleaning and sanitizing between each patient. All common areas are frequently cleaned and exam rooms are thoroughly sanitized after every patient.
Before Your Appointment
Please cancel your appointment if you’re not feeling well or have had close contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or tested positive for the virus in the last 14 days.
The Day of Your Appointment
- Please arrive a few minutes early for a health and safety screening.
- We will be checking your temperature and masks are mandatory. We can provide a mask if needed.
- We are limiting our waiting area to one or two patients at a time. Our office is large enough for social distancing.
- To facilitate social distancing, appointments are limited to patient only with few exceptions. A patient requiring assistance may have one person helping. Minors must be accompanied by only one parent or guardian. Friends or family of the patient will not be permitted in our waiting area.
- After you are seen by the Doctor, please call to schedule your follow up appointment, whenever possible, to minimize traffic at the front desk.
- We have removed our magazines and other shared items from our waiting area and exam rooms.
- If you provide your credit card number in advance, we can ensure a contactless payment for a safe check-out.
Our practice has implemented a successful telemedicine platform for any Dermatologic concern if this is your preference.
We feel confident that we can continue to provide excellent patient care while taking all the necessary precautions to keep our patients and staff healthy. We appreciate the trust you put in us and look forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns 650-692-0182.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Stay safe and be well,
The Peninsula Dermatology Team